Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Clams with Black Bean Sauce


Put me in a Chinese restaurant in the company of seafood eaters, and more than likely I will suggest to order this dish.  This is one of my favorite seafood dishes.  There is just something about the combination of shellfish and black beans that make it so tasty.



Since I still had leftover Manila clams from my Paella, I decided to make this quick and easy meal.  In a way, this is an experiment for me since I very rarely make dishes with black beans, even though I love it so much.  I will be the first to admit that this is no Chinese restaurant quality but it turned out to be satisfying anyway.  As I become a better cook, I hope to improve on this recipe. -GG-


Ingredients:


Serves 2


1 lb. Manila clams
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1/4 cup onion (chopped)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon black beans
ground black pepper to taste
1 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in
1 teaspoon water


Procedure:


1. Wash the clams thoroughly and drain.


2.  On medium heat, saute the garlic unitl golden brown.  Stir in the onions.  Add the clams, soy sauce and about 3 tablespoons water.  Stir and cover the pan for about 3 minutes to cook the clams.


3.  Add the black beans and continue to stir until well incorporated.  Season with pepper.


4.  Add the cornstarch mixture and stir well until the sauce thickens. 


Preserved black beans available at most Asian markets.


Manila clams.  Wash thoroughly and drain.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika