Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Super Easy No Bake Cheesecake


I've been having some hectic days of late especially since I'm juggling work and keeping the kids entertained / busy/ sedated (just kidding!) as much as possible over their summer break. When I get that busy, I have to rely on super quick and simple recipes such as this really easy no bake cheesecake. I've made this many times in the past but had then forgotten about it until Gingham Girl invited me over for cheesecake and coffee at her home last week. Since having a slice of her cheesecake, I've been craving more!

This is GG's homemade, baked-from-scratch classic cheesecake,
which of course trumps my easy version.

The biggest difference between the two versions is undoubtedly the texture. Hers has the fluffy, whipped texture typical of baked cheesecakes but the no-bake version has more of a thick, creamy texture, more reminiscent of pie. I don't even consider the no-bake version as cheesecake. It's more of a cheesepie but that just sounds kind of weird. Well, when the cheesecake craving hits me like a ton of bricks and I have roughly 15 minutes of prep time, you bet the no-bake version will do. I actually really enjoy this easy version and it totally hits the spot. The no-bake factor is indeed a plus as well, especially when the weather's been so warm.

You can make your own graham cracker crust but for even more ease, go with a store bought crust like I did. Top with sliced strawberries, peaches or even some Oreo cookie crumbs.

Super Easy No Bake Cheesecake
Adapted from Kraftfoods.com

Ingredients:

2 blocks of cream cheese, softened
2 cups of Cool Whip
1/3 cup of sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
1 store bought Graham cracker pie crust
1 cup of sliced strawberries

Place the softened bricks of cream cheese in a mixing bowl.

Add the sugar to the bowl.

Beat the cream cheese and sugar together with a hand mixer until soft and well blended.

Add the vanilla essence and beat again to combine.

Add the Cool Whip and whisk it into the cream cheese.

Transfer the cream cheese mixture to the graham cracker pie crust.

Spread the mixture evenly and smooth out the surface of the cheesecake.
Cover loosely with foil and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 3 hours.

When the cheesecake has been chilled and hardened, top it with the sliced strawberries.

Here's the finished cheesecake/pie.

Smooth, luscious and creamy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika