Friday, July 15, 2011

Soboro Donburi (Ground Pork w/Scrambled Egg)


Hello once again!  I’ve been away from the blog world for a few days.  Just got busy with other things…life….haha.  To be honest, I haven’t been cooking much lately.  It’s just one of those days when you need a break from the kitchen.  I’m thinking, room service, a massage and not getting up from bed all day….dream on GG.

So here’s a quick, and lazy meal for everyone…in case you have one of those days.  The seasonings for this dish are just a little bit of everything, so follow your taste buds as you go.  This is supposed to be a sweet dish.  Also, traditionally, the eggs are just plain scrambled, but I decided to make it, what I call “striped.”  Also, if you can, try to get pork that is not too lean or, the dish will be dry.  I used 95% lean pork and it was dry.  The natural juices of the pork should drip into the rice. There’s very little effort on this dish, so I hope you like it.  -GG-

Ingredients:

Serves 2

½ Lb. ground pork
3 Tablespoons soy sauce
2 Tablespoons mirin (cooking sake)
2-3 teaspoons brown sugar
1 egg
4 Tablespoons Cooking oil
1 ½ cups cooked rice
Dash of salt.

Procedure:

1.  Beat the egg and scramble it the pan with 1 Tablespoon of  oil.  Set the scrambled egg aside.

2.  Combine soy sauce, mirin and sugar in a small bowl.  Set aside.

3.  Using the same pan.  Add the remaining oil and sauté the ground pork until browned.  Add the soy sauce mixture and stir in well with the pork.

4.  Using a donburi bowl, or any large bowl, place on top of cooked rice with the pork on one side, and the egg on the other half.  Serve immediately.


4 comments:

Quay Po Cooks said...

This is my kind of meal, quick and lazy. I have those days very often haha.. This looks mouth watering delicious. You got a nice snap and it really brings out the deliciousness of the food. Oh I want to let you know that my son's band ROSEVELT made it to rank No.1. They got 993 votes of which one came from you:D I want to thank you again for the support. Please know that it is greatly appreciated. They now stand a chance to let INCUBUS give them the balance of the 4 points and they will announce on 22nd the band that will open their concert for them. I will keep you posted.

Angela said...

Excellent news about Rosevelt! They are indeed talented. I'll keep my fingers crossed for them!

SiAuKiA said...

Heard from Ms. Quay Po (aunt Veron) that you have helped voted for us....on behalf of the band, i really wanna express my gratitude and thanks to you and the food blogging community that has helped voted for us. Without your help, we would not have gotten the top spot.

Also it is very very hard for me to finish writing this comment here, cause i am very distracted by all the really yummy looking food you have on your blog...

once again, thanks for the support and help!

Best Regards,

Bryan Chin
Rosevelt

Angela said...

Congrats on winning! Have a great show on the 23rd!

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika