Monday, July 25, 2011

Shrimp Pasta


I’ve been away again…not on vacation though.  I’ve been busy with some DIY (Do-it-Yourself) projects around the house.  I’m not gonna bore you with what they are specifically.  They were just tiring to say the least that I have not had the chance to cook….I know….again…for a few days.  I had enough of fast food that even though my muscles are still ache-y from my projects, I just had to cook.


Luckily, I have some shrimps in the freezer and with just a couple of vegetables to throw in with it, we’re in business.  The only difficult part of this dish is peeling the shrimps.  It’s not really difficult, it’s just time consuming.  But if you are only making less than a pound of shrimps, you’ll be done in no time.  This is a perfect warm weather seafood dish.  It’s perfect for lunch or dinner and I like it paired with white wine.  -GG-


Ingredients:

Serves 3

¾ Lb. shrimps (washed and peeled)
3-4 Cloves garlic (minced)
2 Small Zucchinis or Italian Squash (cut into small strips)
1 Small carrot (julienned)
¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
½ Teaspoon of dried basil
Lemon juice to taste
Spaghetti


Procedure:

1.  Cook spaghetti enough for 3 servings according to package directions.  Drain and set aside. 

2.  Heat up olive oil in a deep pan on medium heat.  Saute garlic for just 10 seconds and quickly add the carrots.  Saute until slightly tender.

3.  Add the zucchinis and stir well until well coated with olive oil.  Cover the pan and stir occasionally until the the zucchinis are slightly tender.

4.  Push the vegetables to the side and add the shrimps in the center of the pan.  Cover the pan and stir occasionally until the shrimps are cooked.  Add the cooked spaghetti and incorporate it well with the olive oil, veggies and shrimps.  Season with salt, pepper, basil and lemon juice.

The main ingredients:  Fresh shrimps, carrot, and zucchini.

Cut up the zucchinis in 1/3 inch discs, then cut each disc into three.

Ready to go:  Carrot julienned, zucchinis cut up, and the shrimps peeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika