Thursday, July 7, 2011

Honey Lemon Salmon



Tonight was store bought taco night---Baja Fresh to be precise.  My freezer is running low.  It’s been about a month since I did my last big shopping. 

Last week, I was able to cook the last salmon piece I have.  I have previously posted my Shoyu Sesame Salmon which I love, but for today’s post, I want you to try another salmon recipe I have that is so easy to make.  The easiest way is to pan fry the salmon, which is what I did here.  Because I was so lazy to run to the store to get some veggies, I just served it with rice pilaf.  Luckily I still have a box stashed in the pantry.  Normally, I would serve this with either steamed broccoli, or buttered zucchini and yellow squash, or asparagus.  Enjoy!.  -GG-

Ingredients:

2 pcs. Salmon fillet
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons honey
Salt
Pepper
1 tablespoon cooking oil (for pan frying)

Procedure:

1.  Wash the salmon fillet thoroughly.  Season with a few dashes of salt and pepper of both sides.  Let sit for about 15 minutes.

2.  Combine honey and lemon.  If lemon is too strong for you, you can add about the teaspoon of water to tone down the flavor.  Add the honey to desired sweetness.  This dish is not supposed to be sweet, but just a perfect blending of honey and lemon.  Marinate the salmon pieces for about 10 minutes on each side.

3.  Pan fry or grill the salmon on low heat.  Remove the salmon from the pan and any remaining oil.  Using the same pan, pour the marinade into the pan and reduce until it thickens a little on medium heat.

4.  Drizzle the sauce over the salmon.  Serve with rice pilaf and your favorite veggies.

Season with salt and pepper.

Marinate in honey and lemon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika