Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Summer Smoothie



It's smoothie time! It's that time of the year again when the weather is just perfect for a homemade smoothie. The first time I ever tried a smoothie was back in the early 90's at L.A. Fitness' smoothie bar. I was a regular at their bar even though it cost almost 3 bucks back then. But I did not care, I was hooked from that point on, and I made it a point to learn how to blend this delicious concoction. Of course they were serving the healthier version than the one I have here, but I love it just the same. Now, I don't have to pay so much for it anymore and I love serving it anytime I have guests or when I simply just crave it.

Ingredients:
6 large fresh or frozen strawberries
1 banana cut into rounds
2 generous scoops of vanilla ice cream
6 oz. pineapple juice
8 oz. orange juice

Procedure:

Put all the ingredients in a blender and "blend" until everything is well incorporated. For the final touch, press "frappe" for a few seconds for a bubbly top.


Strawberries just happen to be in season. Frozen strawberries will work just fine. -GG-

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika