Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Baked Spicy Miso Mayo Salmon



Eating fish for me is like treading on eggshells (as I'd explained in my other salmon post). I'm a picky fish eater and have to choose my fish dishes carefully. I do want to love fish though and be able to eat more varieties of it cooked in different ways. It's just hard for me to venture out of my comfort zone with fish. For now, I'll stick to just cooking salmon. However, I'm going to try new ways of preparing it. Baby steps, I say. Baby steps.


Last night, I made a spicy miso mayonnaise sauce. I've made it a few times in the past to be eaten with steamed vegetables like broccoli or asparagus. This time, I figured I would top some salmon with it and bake it. It turned out wonderfully as the spicy, salty and creamy sauce complimented the salmon very well. I garnished it with chopped scallions and served it with roasted barley and Shiitake rice. The kids loved it as well so I will definitely be making this again!  ~ Veggie Girl


BAKED SPICY MISO MAYO SALMON
Serves 4.

Ingredients:
4 pieces of salmon fillets, about 6 oz. each
3 tbsp. mayonnaise
2 tbsp. miso paste (I used a dark/red miso which is saltier and has a stronger flavor but white miso will work as well.)
1 tsp. Sriracha chili sauce
1 green onion stalk, chopped (for garnish)

Method:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lay the salmon fillets on a baking dish. Whisk the mayonnaise, miso paste and Sriracha sauce in a bowl until well mixed. Spread the sauce on top of the salmon fillets. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the foil during the last 5 minutes to allow the topping to brown a little. Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika