Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pizza Renaissance

Dictionary.com's fourth definition of renaissance is "a renewal of life, vigor, interest, etc.; rebirth; revival."



One night, I was craving California Pizza Kitchen's pizza. So, it was either I drive 12 miles to the nearest one or go to the freezer section of my grocery and buy a frozen CPK pizza. I gave it a moment of thought before I could decide, but I could not justify either one because, 12 miles was a little too far for me that night, just for a pizza, plus after everything is said and done, I would have spent somewhere close to $20 just to satisfy a craving. Not wise in this economy. And as for the second option, CPK's frozen pizza is never the same and I will be stuck with whatever variety my grocery carries.
Luckily I have enough leftover chicken breast to experiment with.

I seem to have a tendency to have chicken breast leftovers. Perhaps my eyes are always bigger than my stomach when I start preparing a chicken dish. Or maybe I underestimate how much an uncooked chicken breast will yield after cooking, not to mention the accompanying side dishes that go with it, there's always more than enough. But thanks to Boboli, help is on the way. Well, I still ran to the store to buy pizza crust and some shallots. With a few more things I already have in my kitchen.....it's pizza night!

Ingredients:

Boboli 12" thin crust
Leftover cooked chicken breast
1 Shallot cut thinly lengthwise
1/2 cup Fresh Spinach
1/2 cup chopped Mushrooms
Grated Cheddar Cheese
1 Tbsp Olive oil

Procedure:


1. Brush the pizza crust with olive oil.
2. Layer all the other ingredients, finishing it with cheese on top.
3. Follow Boboli crust's baking instructions and you're done.



Let me tell you, the house smelled like CPK while this was cooking in the oven. Mama Mia!!! Salute, pizza rinascita (per Google's Translate)!!! -GG-

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Chitika